Ciao amici,
Visit number one to the Vatican occurred today. Everything was so rich, I wasn't able to soak anything in... I didn't do any research on what I was about to see, so I didn't appreciate it as much as a should (or will). I plan to return ... sometime soon.
I made some panoramas of various parts of St. Peter's:
Approach into St. Peter's square. It was sunny off and on, but everything was wet. This probably seems bigger when there are oodles of visitors.
Interior of the Basilica is stunning and very ornate--very beautiful. This is looking in the transept toward the canopy, the nave is to the right. The altar canopy here is baroque, and there are different symbols which reflect the values and significance of the papacy.
Another view of the altar canopy and the transept looking from the nave.
I know this is brief, but I cannot spend every waking moment at studio just to get onto the internet, I will be doing much of the "studio-ing" very soon...
AND - see the rest of my pictures from the Vatican in this facebook album
Steeeeeeeeeve!!!
I'm so proud of you for getting an illegal picture of the Sistine Chapel :)...Good job...
Tu amica messicana,
Eloisa