Ciao amici,

I've been busy with my drawing charrette this week. Each day we spend 3+ hours somewhere in Rome drawing. Today we did an in-studio exercise where we work on duplicating existing work. This is beneficial for us because we are fine-tuning our precision by studying something static which we can reference/measure in any way. Once we're good at that, hopefully (very much hopefully) we'll have more precision when drawing out in the field. (On the left... I think... is a picture of us slaving away at our desks in studio. Kind-of an interesting atmosphere, if you like being chained to your desk and slave driven to finish studio work. Ha! I'm only kidding...)

Sorry for the EXTRE
MELY crappy photos below, but here are some quick shots of what I've done. It's kind-of funny for me to look at the picture of the actual thing, and compare it to what I was able to puke up. Now I see how I screwed up! Don't laugh .... By the end of the semester I'll be sooooo much better at sketching - we have many many more weeks of intense drawing like this.


That's a statue of St Peter in a church we visited yesterday. I don't really know much more details. Shame on me.Okay, so this is the example of embarrassing work. The back in the figure is way-off in my gesture drawing. I did this really fast, though -- just moved around the sketch very quickly. I probably did that in ... 5 to 10 minutes. Yeah, I know that some proportions are off, but you know what? Let's see you do it better. Jerk.

So ... please allow me to wrap up some random thoughts that I've been meaning to put into my blog this week, but haven't had a chance to yet.

My hands smell like garlic and so does my sweat. Garlic helps you sleep ... alone.
They have a lot of mini coopers here, and surprisingly they are some of the largest cars on the street, no joke.
And with that, I've seen three SUV's and one pick-up truck on the road.
And also continually, I want to buy a smart car. They're everywhere! These babies have an 8.7 gal gas tank, and get 31 mpg city/45 mpg hwy -- AND they'll be available for purchase in the US THIS YEAR. Plus, they cost ~$11K - $14K Just hope you don't get in a car accident with a stupid SUV.

Enough for now... I guess.


0 comments:


 

Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.