Ciao amici,
Saturday: Sunny, 63° F
My sinus infection that I've had for three weeks (literally) moved into my ear, I guess. I've been trying to use pseudoefedrina (as the Italians call it) to clear it all out/loosen it up - which helps, but it's still just crappin' up my head. Maybe I will go to the doctor soon. Maybe...
Here are the way cool details about where I live!
This is the gate I enter into ... Vicolo de Santa Maria in Cappella, 6. The church straight ahead was built in 1009, and is unaccessible because they have been digging/excavating inside for some reason. The building smack behind that is where my apartment is, on the third floor. You'll also notice a long wall that connects the front-most portion of the building on the far right, along side the church, and up to the wing of my apartment -- there is a rooftop terrace-type area that we like to go on at night.
This is the columnade/logia that I walk along to get to my apartment -- the sun is shining nicely through the private courtyard. There is a Clementine tree which we are welcome to steal well-seeded fruits from. The courtyard is a very nice area - we just can't really go into it (especially at night).
This is the view of the courtyard from the entry/lobby/foyer room out of the elevator just outside the apartment.
This is the dining/living/common room. The cleaning lady had just come. Can you tell?
Photo of the teeeeeny tiny kitchen. Jeremy, in the foreground, is my roommate. He is as sarcastic and cynical as I am. We are hosting a contest this semester to see who is the most sarcastic and cynical. Whoever wins can just go to hell.
Another view of the teeeeeeny tiny kitchen. No dishwasher. No microwave. What kind of kitchen is this? Shiiiit....
This is my room. There's a ton of my laundry everywhere (don't look at my underwear!11!11!!!_LOLLLZZZ) drying because there are no dryers. The room is actually a lot larger than what it appears. But it is very loud because outside of my window ....
...is an insanely busy road. As you can tell from the picture, these vehicles move by so fast, they appear as just a blur. Be careful when you try and cross the street!
There are other nice views from my apartment, like from my dining/living/common room:
I LOVE all of the antennas! Do you recognize the building on the left? It's my header image at the top of my blog.
Sooo... that's where I live. Jealous? Yeah. I thought so.
Here are the way cool details about where I go to school!
This is outside the studio, see the huge ass door? Well, there is a smaller door inside the bigger door which you use. It has a big key, too.
This is my studio. It is one of six studio rooms. Two are larger, two are this size, and two are shorter and a different small shape.
Here's a view of a different studio.
This is the lecture hall/room. We get way boring two hour art history lectures in here.
This is the view outside my studio. There is a crazy little fountain that is leaning on one side and it spills water over onto the cobblestone. How silly is that? Also, this area is the Jewish Ghetto - there are two schools, an elementary and high school. It is funny to see all of the high school kids in their crazy expensive clothes looking all hip hoppity cool and with the times with spiky hair and really huge sun glasses (don't be surprised if I come home looking like this)
So. That is where I go to school everyday. Jealous? Yeah... I thought so.
I'm really glad you're taking advantage of having a kickass camera...the pics have been great so far!!! I just downloaded skype so I'll hopefully try to talk to you sometime this week once I have a microphone for myself...Ciao
- Eloisa